What to Bring on Your Mendocino Coast Vacation
- Bed linens, blankets, and pillows
- Bath towels, washcloths, hand towels, bath mats and spa towels
- Coffee, tea, coffee filters, sugar and creamer
- Dishes, pots, pans, and utensils
- Aluminum foil and plastic wrap
- Dishwashing Detergent
- Paper towels, toilet paper, Kleenex and napkins
- Liquid hand soap for each sink
- Bar soap for each bath/shower
- Hair dryer
- Trash bags
- Firewood and fire starter
- Fresh flowers
- Laundry detergent
- Barbeque and lighter fluid for BBQ
- Ziploc bags or Tupperware
- Shampoo, conditioner and additional toiletries
- Toothpaste, toothbrush
- Personal electronics and respective power cords (cameras, video cameras, cell phones, laptop computers)
Upon check-in, we provide you with a custom packet that will include directions, keys to the property, calendar of events, tide chart, hiking trails and other local information. For Edge of the Sea, Hayloft, Serendipity, Sea Cloud & Whale Rock, due to the
distance from our office, the key will be in the lockbox at the property and the packet will be inside the home on the counter.
If you arrive after our office has closed your packet will be in the pick-up box with your last name across the top. This is located next to our front door. The code will be included in your confirmation email. Our office is open Monday thru Friday 9 am
to 5 pm, Saturday 9 am to 4 pm and Sunday 10 am to 3 pm.
Each property is fully inspected prior to each arrival, this includes turning on lights and heat.
For properties that have spas, we contract with a company that services the spa prior to each arrival. If the stay is a week or more the spa will be serviced again in the middle of the stay.
There will be a Framed Welcome Sheet at your vacation home that includes the address and phone number of the property, information on your arrival and departure as well as emergency contact information.
Each of our properties has a 'How Things Work' binder. In this, you will find specific information for the property such as operational guides for the entertainment system, heating system, internet, trash bin locations and much more.
If you have an Emergency Service Call outside of our normal office hours our answering service has basic information they can provide. If they are unable to resolve any issue they will contact a Mendocino Preferred staff member who will
In case of a power outage, an Emergency Supply Kit is located in a sealed bag under the kitchen sink. Each home is equipped with an emergency flashlight that automatically comes on in the event of a power outage.